This is probably one of the fastest appetizers I have ever made. You can serve it with toasted pita bread or corn tortillas. I make wraps or sandwiches with any leftover dip. Spice it up with some hot sauce if you like.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the chickpeas and avocado in a mixing bowl, and coarsely mash them with the back of a spoon or a potato masher. Be sure to leave them coarse.
3. Add the tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix well and adjust the seasoning. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
5. Place the sliced pita bread on the baking tray, and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
6. Serve the warm bread with the dip. Store the dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also store the toasted pita in an airtight container for up to a week.
Dip recipe photo by Green Evi
Find this no-cook recipe and more BBQ ideas in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.