- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
Incorporating lentils is an easy way to add bulk to any salad. Here, they soak up a creamy dressing and complement the fresh crunch of ribboned zucchini. Note that this recipe calls for cooked lentils, so be sure to have those ready to go.
By Darshana Thacker,
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1½ cups cooked lentils (or one 15-oz. can)
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
- For dressing, in a blender combine the first seven ingredients (through pepper) and ½ cup water. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Using a vegetable peeler, mandoline, or food processor, cut zucchini into ribbons. Transfer to a salad bowl. Add lentils, tomato, scallion, and dressing. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.