- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 13 cups
- print/save recipe
This meal-worthy Asian-style coleslaw recipe comes together in 30 minutes (or less) and is bursting with flavor. Uncooked millet gives this tri-cabbage slaw an unexpected crunch. For nuttier whole grain flavor, toast millet in a dry skillet over medium until golden, stirring often.
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1½ cups red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups cooked and chilled black or brown rice
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dry millet
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Sliced fresh red chiles (optional)
- Lime wedges
- In an extra-large bowl toss together the first five ingredients (through carrots) and ¼ cup each of the scallions and cilantro. Add rice, beans, and millet; mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the next five ingredients (through white pepper) and 2 tablespoons of water. Add to salad; toss to mix. Top with the remaining scallions and cilantro. If desired, top with chiles. Serve with lime wedges.