- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 servings
- print/save recipe
Each bite of this mint lemonade chickpea salad is like a drop of sunshine for your taste buds. Mint and lemon are no flavor strangers, and although both can be quite bold, they work wonderfully together, especially in this dressing.
Recipe from Ashley Madden from Rise Shine Cook
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 ¼ (15-ounce) cans, drained, rinsed, and cooled to room temperature
- ¾ cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons packed, finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly cracked sea or Himalayan salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- Place the chickpeas and quartered tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice, mint, and garlic in a separate bowl; season with a few grinds of fresh Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing to the chickpeas and tomatoes and toss.
- Place a handful of spinach on each plate. Divide chickpea mixture among plates and serve, garnished with additional mint and lemon slices.