- 1 8-oz. package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into ½-inch slices (8 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 14.5-oz. cans no-salt-added fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. dried whole grain rotini pasta
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- For sauce, in a large saucepan cook the first five ingredients (through garlic) over medium 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding white wine, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Add any remaining wine and the next five ingredients (through bay leaf). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, cook rotini according to package directions; drain. Top with sauce and, if desired, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and/or additional fresh rosemary.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.