- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 wraps
These satisfying wraps make a great portable breakfast. Wrap them tightly in waxed paper and stash in the refrigerator for a meal on the go. Mashed chickpeas serve as a luscious base for the veggies, and white miso paste adds a burst of flavor. Feel free to get creative and swap in your favorite in-season fresh vegetables.
By Darshana Thacker,
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 3 cups shredded zucchini or yellow summer squash
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup shredded radishes
- ½ cup snap pea pods, thinly sliced diagonally
- ½ cup chopped red onion or shallots
- ¼ cup finely snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1½ teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 7- to 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 16 lettuce leaves, stemmed and cut into large pieces
- For slaw, in a large bowl mash chickpeas. Stir in the next nine ingredients (through garlic). Season with salt and pepper.
- In a dry skillet heat tortillas, one at a time, on both sides until warm. Remove and cover with a towel to keep warm.
- To assemble, arrange lettuce and spoon slaw onto each tortilla just below the center. Fold bottom edge of tortilla over filling. Fold in opposite sides; roll up tortilla.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.