Yum! I love this oil-free, vegan, fried rice dish. Top with cilantro and fresh chile and you are good to go! Sometimes I also add Sriracha, because I’m an addict … don’t judge me.
Recipe adapted from Carbolicious.
1. Give your rice a good wash and then cook it according to package directions or in a rice cooker.
2. Heat a tablespoon of water over medium-high heat in a nonstick frying pan or wok, until the water begins to simmer. Add the carrots, broccoli, and green onions and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, corn, pineapple, spinach, chile, and cilantro. Mix together and turn down to medium heat. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time as needed, to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
4. To prepare the sauce, place the garlic, ginger, tamari, and coconut sugar in a small saucepan. Stir and let it cook for a minute or until the sugar dissolves. Add the ½ cup water.
5. Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce, stir well, and let it cook and thicken for a further 2 minutes.
6. Once the rice is cooked, throw it in the pan with the cooked veggies, pour your delicious sauce on top and mix it all through! Serve immediately.