This healthy spinach artichoke dip is made creamy with white beans and is actually healthy enough as a dinner. Plus, your friends will beg for the recipe!
From Garden Fresh Foodie
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place beans, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, ground mustard, lemon juice, yeast, artichokes, spinach, and milk into a blender. Blend to desired thickness and consistency, adding more milk if needed.
3. Taste and add remaining salt, if needed, and pepper to taste.
4. Pour into a small, shallow, ungreased baking dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until top has browned slightly.
5. Serve with fresh veggies, tortilla chips, or as a meal on top of a sweet potato!
Save the remaining canned beans to add to a soup, salad, or sauce. You can also double this recipe.
This can be made ahead of time and re-warmed. In order to not dry it out, only bake it for 20 minutes, let cool, cover, then store in the refrigerator. Just before serving, bake it for additional 10-15 minutes or until heated through and slightly browned.
- ¾ cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼-½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, or frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 cups packed spinach
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Become a great plant-based cook. The FOK Online Cooking Course teaches you how to make delicious meals anytime. Features top chef instructors, delicious recipes, and more!