- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 2-3
- print/save recipe
This chocolate chia pudding sets quicker than other versions, since the seeds are blended first. It sets up in just about a half hour, making it almost instant! Our girls love this pudding … I am always surprised just how much!
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored or chocolate plant milk (see note)
- ½ cup (packed) pitted dates, plus another 1−3 dates
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (slightly rounded)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2−3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mini nondairy chocolate chips (optional, but really tasty)
- Place the milk, dates, chia seeds, cocoa, salt, and vanilla in a blender, and puree for a minute or more (depending on the blender), until the seeds are pulverized. Taste, and if you’d like it sweeter, add another few dates.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, stir in the coconut and chocolate chips (if using), and refrigerate until chilled, ½ hour or more. (It will thicken more with chilling but really can be eaten straight away.)
- Serve, sprinkling with more coconut, if desired, and topping with fresh berries or other fruit, if desired.
Milk: I typically use unsweetened milk when I make this pudding. If you are using a sweetened milk, you may want to reduce the sweetener.