- Prep-time: / Cook Time:
- Serves 4-6
Use firm, waxy potatoes (not the mealy baking kind) in this Mexican favorite: Yukon gold, Yellow Finn, or purple potatoes all work well.
This Mexican recipe is from The Starch Solution
- 4 medium-large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut crosswise into thin ribbons
- 2½ cups Enchilada Sauce
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa fresca (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Have ready a nonstick 13” x 9” or 3-quart baking dish.
- Boil the potatoes in enough water to cover them until they are almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Put the onion and garlic in a large nonstick skillet with ¼ cup of the broth. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the jalapeños and another ¼ cup of the broth and cook 1 minute. Add the chili powder, pepper to taste, the cooked potatoes, and the remaining ¼ cup broth. Mix well, then cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in the spinach, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread ½ cup of Enchilada Sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and spread about ¼ cup of potato mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla and place it seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat. Pour the remaining Enchilada Sauce evenly over the rolled, filled tortillas.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot, with salsa on the side, if desired.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.