- 4 medium-large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut crosswise into thin ribbons
- 2½ cups Enchilada Sauce
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa fresca (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Have ready a nonstick 13” x 9” or 3-quart baking dish.
- Boil the potatoes in enough water to cover them until they are almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Put the onion and garlic in a large nonstick skillet with ¼ cup of the broth. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the jalapeños and another ¼ cup of the broth and cook 1 minute. Add the chili powder, pepper to taste, the cooked potatoes, and the remaining ¼ cup broth. Mix well, then cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in the spinach, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread ½ cup of Enchilada Sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and spread about ¼ cup of potato mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla and place it seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat. Pour the remaining Enchilada Sauce evenly over the rolled, filled tortillas.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot, with salsa on the side, if desired.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
7 Keys to Success on a Healthy Vegan Diet
Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Download our practical guide to long-term success.