- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
- print/save recipe
Cook up a batch of sorghum to enjoy in salads, soups and freestyle bowls, and use some of it for this very tasty vegan breakfast bowl recipe. With its mild, slightly nutty flavor that’s reminiscent of wheat berries, sorghum is a great grain to try if you don’t eat gluten.
- 3 cups cooked sorghum (cook according to package directions)
- 1¼ cups unsweetened soy milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups raspberries (10 ounces)
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Combine cooked sorghum, soy milk, cinnamon, and cardamom in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often, until liquid is reduced. Remove pan from heat, and stir in vanilla and maple syrup.
- Serve topped with raspberries, chopped pistachios, chia seeds, and additional soy milk if desired.