- Prep-time: / Cook Time:
- Serves 6
Twice baked potatoes have a notoriously bad reputation as a fried food, topped with bacon, cheese, and sour cream—no more. This version makes a hearty healthy meal, filled with black beans, corn and spices—well worth the effort.
- 6 large Russet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- One 10-ounce package frozen corn
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- One 12-ounce package extra firm silken tofu, drained
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
- Saute´ the onions and red pepper in a large skillet 7 to 8 minutes until the onions start to brown. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetable from sticking. Add the jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, and chile powder, and sauté another minute. Add the corn, black beans, sea salt and cilantro.
- Puree the silken tofu in a food processor or blender. Add the tofu to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- When the potatoes are cool, slice in half lengthwise, and scoop out the inside, leaving a ¼-inch wide rim. Divide the filling evenly between the potato halves and bake for 30 minutes.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.