This pasta has been our party staple for years. And we promise, you’ll be surprised by how all these average ingredients make for one awesome dish.
Recipe adapted from Thug Kitchen: Party Grub
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and pour back into the pot.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grab two large Silicone or other non-stick baking sheets.
3. In a large bowl, throw in red onion, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and salt. Mix everything together. Spread out on the baking sheets and then slip them into the oven.
4. Roast for 20 minutes, then take them out, add the thyme, garlic, and lemon juice, stir, and throw them back in the oven until some of the veggies start looking a little browned around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
5. Add the roasted veggies to the cooked pasta, pour in the balsamic, pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir. Taste and add more garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and/or thyme. If you want to up the greens level, serve the hot pasta on a bed of arugula or spinach with a squeeze of lemon juice on them. Done and done.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.