You can buy peeled and cubed squash in many supermarket produce departments. While it steams you can make the pesto and have dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
Steam the pumpkin in a double boiler or steamer basket for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse the pumpkin until cool.
Once the pumpkin has cooled, add it to a medium bowl with the beans, onion, salt and pepper, and pesto. Mix well until combined.
Find this recipe and more 30-minute meals in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 1 pumpkin (about 2 pounds), or other similar winter squash, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 cups cooked cannellini or other white beans, or two 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced small
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 batch Spicy Cilantro Pesto