We use this tropical salsa on our Polenta with Black Beans, and it is also a great condiment for other Mexican recipes. For a snack, try rolling up a warm corn tortilla and using it to scoop up some of this flavorful salsa.
Put the mango, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, and vinegar into a bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of warm tap water and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 week before serving.
Photo by Keepin’ it Kind
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 2 cups peeled, chopped ripe mango
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Forks Over Knives Family is here! A complete guide to a whole-food, plant-based lifestyle for your entire family, with more than 125 delicious kid-friendly recipes. Get the book now.