- 2 cups peeled, chopped ripe mango
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
We use this tropical salsa on our Polenta with Black Beans, and it is also a great condiment for other Mexican recipes. For a snack, try rolling up a warm corn tortilla and using it to scoop up some of this flavorful salsa.
Put the mango, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, and vinegar into a bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of warm tap water and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 week before serving.
Photo by Keepin’ it Kind
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
Don't want to cook? Try our Forks Fresh Meals delivery service and receive 5, 10, or 15 healthy and delightful meals at your doorstep every week.