The fresh thyme and basil add a fresh and vibrant taste to this hummus. The pureed cannellini beans are creamy white, which together with the green flecks from the fresh herbs, make this hummus pretty to look at... and scrumptious to eat!
This dip recipe is wheat-free, gluten-free, and soy-free.
- 2 cups cooked cannellini (white kidney) beans (drained and rinsed if using canned beans)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small to medium clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2½-3 teaspoons fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn or roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons water (may not need, just to thin dip as desired)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except water, thyme, and basil.
- Purée until smooth, gradually adding water as desired to thin dip and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add thyme and basil and purée briefly to incorporate ingredients.