This is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin. It whips up as quickly as you can boil pasta and really captures the taste of autumn. By the way, you can use the rest of your pumpkin and fresh sage to make Harvest Cornbread.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat over low until thoroughly warm, about 5 minutes.
Taste, adding more sage or pumpkin pie spice if desired plus salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and let sauce rest for 5 to 10 minutes, allowing the flavor to merge and sauce to thicken slightly.
Toss cooked pasta with pumpkin sauce and taste, adding more salt and pepper, if needed.
Garnish with vegan Parmesan if desired.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 8 ounce whole-wheat or gluten-free pasta
- 1 ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cup canned pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1-3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of dried oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste