My friend Talia has celiac disease and solicited my help in creating a gluten-free veggie meatloaf recipe. We started trading ideas about how to make a meatloaf out of the items in our pantry, and this what we came up with. It’s absolutely delicious on of the most popular recipes on my website.
From The Happy Herbivore
Preheat oven to 350º F and set your 8-inch nonstick loaf pan nearby.
Mash beans in a large bowl with a fork or potato masher and mix all ingredients until evenly combined. Transfer to prepared pan and pat down firmly and tightly using a spatula.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until firm and brown on the outside. Allow the loaf to cool and firm up before serving, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Chef’s Note: It’s important that you chop everything fine and pack it down tight if you want your loaf to hold together.
Place a serving plate over the loaf pan and turn it upside down, to flip the loaf out onto the plate.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 1 15 ounce can black beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 celery stalks, washed and shredded
- 1 cup finely chopped brown mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour (or whole-wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari (GF)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup