This delicious dip is much lower in fat than traditional hummus. Enjoy it inside Veggie Wraps, for snacking as a complement to raw vegetable sticks, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
Pat the basil and tarragon dry and coarsely chop them. Transfer to a food processor. Add the beans, broth, parsley, lemon juice, sesame seeds, and garlic and process until the desired consistency is achieved. Stir in the chives. Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Herbed Hummus will keep for 4 days.
Most food processors don’t do a good job of chopping chives, as the chives tend to get wound around the base of the blade. That’s why I suggest you chop them by hand.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed and blanched
- ½ cup fresh tarragon leaves, lightly packed and blanched
- 4 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, lightly packed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped chives