This frosting has a somewhat maple flavor to it. You can use it right after making it, or if you want to use a cake decorating tip (like in the top photo), put the frosting in the refrigerator for 30 minutes first.
1. Drain the soaked nuts and discard the water.
2. Add all ingredients (the nuts, dates with their soak water, and vanilla) to a blender, and purée until smooth and even in color.
3. Add a little more water as needed, to keep the blender moving if the mixture gets too thick.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, soaked in ½ cup water for 15 to 30 minutes
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and diced, soaked in ½ cup water for 15 to 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Get delicious new recipes every week sent right to your phone! Every recipe includes easy-to-follow instructions and the ability to add ingredients to your shopping list.
Download the app now.