Chipotle Corn Salsa
• 1 – one pound bag of frozen corn, defrosted
• 2 – 15 ounce cans of Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• One pound of Roma Tomatoes (approximately 4), seeded and diced
• One bunch of Cilantro, chopped
• 4 scallions (or more, to taste) finely chopped
• 1 tbsp Chipotle Paste (or ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder) or more to taste
• Juice and zest from 4 limes
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Flavors will improve on sitting. Stir well before serving.
Baked Tortilla Chips
Make sure you get tortillas that are made only of corn or just corn and lime.
• Corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 375F.
Cut each tortilla into fourths.
Place on a cookie sheet covered with a Silpat* and lightly spray each chip with water.
Sprinkle with herbs or salt-free seasonings, if desired.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Turn chips over and lightly spray again with water.
Bake another 8-10 minutes until crisp.
Chef’s Note: You can also do this with whole-wheat pita, but it would not be gluten-free.
* A Silpat is a non-stick Silicone Baking mat. Nothing sticks to it and you can reuse. If you don’t have one you can use parchment paper.