- 1 – one pound bag of frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 – 15 ounce cans of Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One pound of Roma Tomatoes (approximately 4), seeded and diced
- One bunch of Cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions (or more, to taste) finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Paste (or ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder) or more to taste
- Juice and zest from 4 limes
- Optional: Serve with Baked Tortilla Chips
This is my all-time favorite salsa. It has a smokey flavor and is kid-friendly and great as a dip – you can also use it as tasty filling for a burrito or enchilada.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Flavors will improve on sitting. Stir well before serving.
Don't want to cook? Try our Forks Fresh Meals delivery service and receive 5, 10, or 15 healthy and delightful meals at your doorstep every week.
Chef AJ is a culinary instructor in Los Angeles who has followed a plant-based diet for more than thirty years. She is author of Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight. Chef AJ’s passion is teaching people how to incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables in their diet in ways that are easy, delicious, and fun. Visit EatUnprocessed.com for updates from Chef AJ.View all contributions by Chef AJ