Roasted Tomato and Cannellini Bean Pasta
Serves 4 to 6
• ½ pound whole wheat or brown rice penne pasta
• 2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable stock or water
• 6 – 8 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 13.4-ounce box cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 15.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
• salt and pepper to taste
• crushed red pepper flakes to taste
In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Set aside.
In a medium pot, sauté garlic in vegetable stock or water over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in beans and tomatoes and simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir in pasta and serve.
Photo by Sylvia Vale