This recipe is so easy to put together and can easily be doubled. I serve this with sautéed kale. I like this dish with a lot of garlic, but you can adjust this as you wish.
In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Set aside.
In a medium pot, sauté garlic in vegetable stock or water over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in beans and tomatoes and simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir in pasta and serve.
Photo by Sylvia Vale
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- ½ pound whole wheat or brown rice penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable stock or water
- 6 – 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 13.4-ounce box cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Become a great plant-based cook. The FOK Online Cooking Course teaches you how to make delicious meals anytime. Features top chef instructors, delicious recipes, and more!