What is a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet?
A whole-food, plant-based diet is centered on whole, unrefined, or minimally refined plants. It’s a diet based on fruits, vegetables, tubers, whole grains, and legumes; and it excludes or minimizes meat (including chicken and fish), dairy products, and eggs, as well as highly refined foods like bleached flour, refined sugar, and oil.
Learn more here about how to enjoy this delicious, life-saving lifestyle.
Benefits of a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet
A diet high in animal-based and highly processed foods makes people sick and overweight. But many of these sicknesses can be prevented, halted, and often reversed by eating a whole-food, plant-based diet. A whole-food, plant-based diet has been shown to:
- Lower cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar
- Reverse or prevent heart disease
- Prevent and reverse obesity
- Lower risk of cancer and diabetes
- Slow the progression of certain types of cancer
- Improve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Improve overall quality of life
Need more nutrition information? Learn more from our FAQs.
Preparing a perfect salad is now as easy as a toss and a pour. Our salad dressings have no added oils and are crafted especially for your whole-food, plant-based diet.