- 3 whole wheat pita bread rounds
- 4 navel oranges, peeled, sectioned, and finely chopped
- 4 whole pitted dates, chopped (3 tablespoons)
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 dash ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons unsalted pistachio nuts, roasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut each pita bread into eight wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the next six ingredients (through cardamom). Serve salsa with pita chips. Top with pistachios.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.