Taco lovers: You owe it to yourselves to indulge in these delicious meatless tacos!
Recipe from the “So Tasty!” cookbook.
- Saute the garlic in a bit of vegetable stock in a saucepan over medium heat; add the chopped mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms shrink and become chewy. Add the chili, paprika, dried minced onion, sea salt, and a couple tablespoons of fresh lime juice; stir well to combine. Add the tomato sauce and cook, stirring occasionally. Taste and add more tomato and/or spices, if desired.
- Make the tomato salad: Combine the diced tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro in a bowl and squeeze some fresh lime juice over; season with paprika and sea salt to taste.
- Make a quick guacamole: Mash the avocado in a separate bowl and season with sea salt, garlic powder, and lime juice to taste.
- Prepare a bed of lettuce for the black beans.
- Heat the taco shells. Build each taco, starting with the mushroom base, followed by the guacamole, then finish with the tomato salad on top. Drizzle with hot sauce (if using). Serve with black beans (simply heat and season as desired).
Note: These tacos can also be enjoyed with soft tortillas.
Photo by LA Food Photography.