Healthy, homemade pita pizzas make a perfect dinner option for lazy weeknights. Kid-friendly and great for parties, this tasty vegan comfort food will be ready faster than junk-food delivery pizza could ever arrive at your door. The easy homemade tomato sauce gets extra zesty flavor from the addition of fresh basil and sun-dried tomatoes. Best of all, cold pita pizzas make delicious next-day leftovers! Enjoy them for breakfast, or pack for an easy workday lunch.
Recipe and photo from Green Evi.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, a handful of fresh basil, oregano, and thyme in a blender; season with salt and pepper to taste. Puree until smooth.
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet and spread tomato sauce on top. Scatter the olives, tofu, peperoncini, and shaved zucchini over the sauce.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle Vegan Parmesan and fresh basil over pizzas and enjoy!
Find this recipe and more (plus create a quick shopping list) in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.