I wanted to spice things up a bit from my usual lunches, and I was pleasantly surprised by how easily it was done. By simply playing around with ingredients that I usually have on hand in the kitchen, this masterpiece was born. You get comfort from the pasta and a light and fresh touch from the greens and avocado. How had I never thought of pairing these three before?! They are a trio made in heaven.
From Sweet Simple Vegan
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
2. Place the garlic, onion, celery, and bell pepper in a medium pot with ⅓ cup water and ¼ cup broth. Cook over medium until the onion and celery are translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup broth, tomatoes, lentils, nutritional yeast, flour, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, turn to low and cook 8 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and mix in pasta and cilantro.
5. Serve with fresh greens and top with avocado and a sprinkle of paprika and nutritional yeast.