Here’s a useful recipe that will work with many different nuts. It’s a basic formula to get you started.
From Crazy Sexy Juice
I like to use Medjool dates, which contain minerals and antioxidants along with natural sugar, but maple syrup, coconut syrup, and yacon syrup also work well as sweeteners.
Nut milk bags are a great and inexpensive investment (they retail for about $8 to $10 on Amazon or at your local health food store).
1. Blend the mixture thoroughly, until it looks totally uniform and frothy (a few minutes).
2. To strain, you can use a double layer of cheesecloth or a nut milk bag. Hold your nut milk bag or your cheesecloth over a large bowl, and pour the unstrained nut milk through. Use the bag or cloth to squeeze the contents thoroughly, making sure to extract every drop!
3. Store your nut milk in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 or 4 days.
- 1 cup nuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 3 to 4 cups filtered water (depending on how creamy a blend you’d like)
- Pinch of salt
- Sweetener to taste
Preparing a perfect salad is now as easy as a toss and a pour. Our salad dressings have no added oils and are crafted especially for your whole-food, plant-based diet.