When I make fajitas I always feel like I’ve won a prize. They taste “special” without taking all day in the kitchen. Cooking the vegetables in a dry pan over high heat really brings out the grilled flavor of the vegetables.
Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in a 350° F oven while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Sauté the onion and red pepper in a large skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan. Add the grilled mushroom strips, cumin, jalapeño pepper, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat.
Photo by Eco-Vegan Gal
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 batch Grilled Portobello Mushrooms, cut into ¾-inch-wide strips
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 batch Not-So-Fat Guacamole
- 1 batch Tofu Sour Cream
- 1 batch Fresh Tomato Salsa
Preparing a perfect salad is now as easy as a toss and a pour. Our salad dressings have no added oils and are crafted especially for your whole-food, plant-based diet.