This is my go-to sauce for anything, including my delicious Eggplant Rollatini. You can also toss it with cooked whole-grain pasta and sautéed vegetables for an easy meal.
Place the onions in a large saucepan and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep them from sticking to the pan.
Add the garlic, basil, and oregano and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the pureed tomatoes and salt and cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 25 minutes.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced small
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 tablespoons basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, pureed
- Salt to taste