- 2 cups packed cilantro
- ¼ cup hulled sunflower seeds, toasted, optional
- 1 jalapeño pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- ½ package extra firm silken tofu (about 6 ounces), drained
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast, optional
An appealing alternative to traditional basil pesto, this goes well with a variety of foods.
Combine the cilantro, sunflower seeds (if using), jalapeño pepper, garlic, lime zest and juice, salt, tofu, and nutritional yeast (if using) in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
Chef Del Sroufe is co-owner and executive chef of Wellness Forum Foods, a whole-food, plant-based meal delivery and catering service in Columbus, Ohio. He is the author of Forks Over Knives – The Cookbook and Better Than Vegan. Del teaches cooking classes and helps people transition to a healthy plant-based diet.View all contributions by Del Sroufe