- 1 pound brown rice noodles
- ½ pound snow peas, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions (white and green parts), cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup Ponzu Sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Ponzu is a soy and citrus sauce popular in Japanese cooking. Use it to dress up simple vegetable and rice dishes, or use it as a sauce for stir-fries. Make this dish in the spring when snow peas and cilantro are in season. Brown rice noodles can be found in most grocery stores, natural food stores, or online.
Cook the brown rice noodles according to package directions, adding the snow peas and carrots during the last minute of cooking.
Drain and rinse the mixture until cooled, and place it in a large bowl.
Add the green onions, cilantro, ponzu sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
Mix well before serving.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
Chef Del Sroufe is co-owner and executive chef of Wellness Forum Foods, a whole-food, plant-based meal delivery and catering service in Columbus, Ohio. He is the author of Forks Over Knives – The Cookbook and Better Than Vegan. Del teaches cooking classes and helps people transition to a healthy plant-based diet.View all contributions by Del Sroufe