This lentil vegetable soup is a favorite of my boys and so easy to make. I think one of the reasons they like it, is because I chop all of the vegetables really small. And, like most of the soups I make, if you don’t have an ingredient, such as carrot or spinach, leave it out or substitute another favorite ingredient.
Combine all ingredients, except the spinach, and cook on low for 2 hours. Add the spinach about 5 minutes before the soup is done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 6 small white potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 16-ounce bag brown lentils
- 1 15.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1-2 cups finely chopped spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
Get our easy-to-follow, meal-by-meal makeover book. The Forks Over Knives Plan shows you exactly how put the life-saving, plant-based diet into practice.
Get the book now.