No sugar, no flour, no oil, no salt. No problem!
Make these in a silicone muffin pan so you never have to buy paper liners again.
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
Grind oats into a flour.
Place in a large bowl and add all the other dry ingredients.
Puree bananas in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade until smooth.
Add the apple juice, applesauce, extract and apple cider vinegar and process again until combined.
Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Do not over mix.
Pour into muffin liners filling about 2⁄3 full.
Bake for 20-22 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Chef’s Note: Gently stir in 2 cups of frozen blueberries for blueberry banana muffins and increase baking time 8-10 minutes.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups oats, ground into flour
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sodium-free baking soda
Forks Over Knives Family is here! A complete guide to a whole-food, plant-based lifestyle for your entire family, with more than 125 delicious kid-friendly recipes. Get the book now.