- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced small
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced small
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, minced (for less heat, remove the seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
Here’s another must-have recipe for using ripe, garden-fresh vegetables. I am not a fan of salsa made with out-of-season tomatoes, so in the off-season, I use my favorite store-bought salsa instead.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Store refrigerated until ready to serve.
Chef Del Sroufe is co-owner and executive chef of Wellness Forum Foods, a whole-food, plant-based meal delivery and catering service in Columbus, Ohio. He is the author of Forks Over Knives – The Cookbook and Better Than Vegan. Del teaches cooking classes and helps people transition to a healthy plant-based diet.View all contributions by Del Sroufe